First Contact Practitioner
Bone, joint or muscle pain? Refer yourself to see a First Contact Practitioner at Well Street Surgery
They are qualified physiotherapists and are specialists in assessing musculoskeletal conditions.
The First Contact Practitioner will…
- Assess you and diagnose what’s happening
- Give expert advice on how to best manage your condition
- Refer you on to specialist services, rehabilitative physiotherapy or imaging if necessary
- Recommend exercises and other approaches to deal with the issue
A national evaluation of First Contact Practitioner showed…
- Faster access to expert advice
- Excellent patient feedback
How do I get an appointment with a First Contact Practitioner?
- Ask your GP practice receptionist to book an appointment
- The receptionist will ask you some questions to check if this is the right service for you before booking your appointment
- You do not need to see your GP first